Spring is finally here!!
A sure sign that spring has finally arrived is when the forsythia bushes bloom and take on an awesome yellow color. Even though the forsythia’s great vibrant yellow color only lasts a few short weeks, here are a few lawn and landscape related special events that it’s bloom usually signifies.
- Soil temperatures are beginning to warm above 50 degrees+
- Cool season turf grasses are finally beginning to grow.
- Perennial broadleaf weeds, especially dandelions, are coming out of dormancy and are springing back to life!
- Crabgrass seed will begin germinating in open, bare soil areas in the very near future. Try to apply a grassy weed preventer at this time.
- The odds of accumulating snow and/or sub-freezing temperatures are becoming less likely to occur from this point forward. Winter is over!!
- Lawn and landscape clean-ups, dethatching and core aeration should be well underway.
- Irrigation systems are being opened/turned-on for the season.
- Even though turf grass seed should be ideally planted in the late summer/early fall for best results, if planting in the spring, now would be the time to do so (next 4 weeks +/-).
Please be sure to contact Pacocha Landscaping Services, Inc. with any lawn or landscape related improvement project you would like completed. Thank you for visiting our site and have a great spring and summer season!