Here in northern Illinois it seems that as soon as the summer heat is gone we move quickly into the much needed plant loving cool and rain prone fall season. After experiencing one of the hottest and driest summer’s on record, fall could not come soon enough. It continues to amaze me how our plant filled landscapes in particular visually transform from late September through November. From the beautiful leaves on trees, shrubs and vines changing color to summer stressed lawn’s growing green once again, the fall season is just awesome! As beautiful as the fall season is there is one part of it that many people despise and cannot avoid……..cleanup of fallen leaves! When it comes to raking and removing fallen leaves and debris from your property it cannot be stated enough that weekly cleanings are best. As you know not only do different tree and shrub varieties lose their leaves at different times of the fall season but we also must contend with adverse weather conditions which will routinely delay fall cleanup related work. We can only expect that ever increasing strong winds, heavy rains and even sleet and snow storms will make any previous delay in cleaning fallen leaves into a huge time consuming nightmare. Just like shoveling or plowing snow from a sidewalk or driveway, it is best to clear the leaves from your property as they fall (a little at a time) instead of waiting for some future date when every leaf will have fallen from every nearby tree. Not only will your lawn thrive if leaves are not left to smother it from above, but your neighbors will truly appreciate your hard work if fallen leaves and debris are not left to blow onto adjacent properties or are allowed to clog shared storm drains. If you need help cleaning your leaves this fall season please contact Pacocha Landscaping Services, Inc. for prompt and professional service.
- Recommended Ice Melt Material……… Thunder Melt! December 1, 2014If you are responsible for winter maintenance (ice melting and plowing snow) at a northern Illinois commercial property, I highly recommend taking a look at this particular bulk ice melt material to properly service your property. It is not very … Continue reading →Joseph
- Recommended Ice Melt Material……… Thunder Melt! December 1, 2014
- Recommended Ice Melt Material……… Thunder Melt!
- Improved Snow Management Services: Provide unobstructed on-site areas to adequately accommodate snow plowed piles
- A fruit bearing perennial TOXIC WEED that has many unique uses dating back hundreds of years!!
- Just a few locations we have found and eliminated the problematic POISON IVY vine
- Three basic types of turfgrass weeds